Barrington Hills real estate is known for it’s larger lot sizes, the average being 5 acres, and that it is zoned for horses. As a small village in the Barrington zip 60010 area, the real estate market is not large but it’s worth reporting the sales now on a monthly basis, after all the real estate market has recovered well and we have seen strong sales in the last two years. The Barrington Hills real estate market is also one of our luxury markets and sales numbers are important to luxury home owners considering a sale in the near future.
Jump Forward To:
Barrington Hills Sales Information – March 2015
- Homes Sold – 2
- Price Range $340,000 to $1,240,000
- Average Market Time – 140 Days
- Average Sales Price as a Ratio of List Price – 93%
Barrington Hills Active Market – March 2015
- Homes Under Contract (With outstanding contingencies) – 9
- Homes Pending (Waiting For Closing) – 3
- Available homes for sale – 105
- Price range $254,900 to $18,775,000
January and February 2015
Because we did not report for these months as we used to report quarterly, the sales for these months were:
- January 2015 – 2
- February 2015 – 4
- Price range $405,000 to $812,500
- Average Market Time – 238 days
- Average Sales Prices as a Ratio of List Price – 92%
3 sales were short sales!
Barrington Hills Real Estate Market Summary
The Barrington Hills real estate market extends to about 65 homes sold each year. In the market decline we saw as little as 30 or so homes sold. It’s clear that there is more confidence now.
Barrington Hills has the highest priced property in the Barrington IL 60010 zip code area.
Barrington Hills has the largest lot sizes and although 5 acres is the most common, on occasion homes are sold with 50+ acres.
Barrington Hills properties date back as far as the 1800’s, there is a majority of homes built in the 1950’s to 1980’s, the larger luxury homes are more recently built.
Sales are anticipated to climb over the spring and summer months.
Is Barrington Hills Illinois the right location for your new home?
- Do you like a country suburban setting?
- Do you want acreage?
- Does the photo above appear in your dream?
- Are you looking for equestrian zoned properties?
- Are you looking for luxury, architecture, privacy?
If you answered 3 or more as yes, Barrington Hills is likely a good fit for your new Barrington area home.
[button block=”1″ size=”large” color=”primary” url=”http://realestateinbarrington.com/communities/barrington-hills-real-estate/”]Start Your Barrington Hills Home Search Here[/button]
Sales data extracted from the MLS and assumes all sales are reported accurately and on time.