The Barrington Hills real estate market is comprised of single family homes most of which are located on 5 acre lots. There are a few horse properties that have a lot more acreage, and a few exceptions in Barrington Hills have much smaller lot sizes. Although known as the place to be if you have or want horses, there are plenty of homes on these 5 acre lots that do not. For peace and tranquility, and if you want space and trees, zoning for horses, Barrington Hills real estate is the place to start your property search. Barrington Hills does have some planned unit developments but for the most part, due to the nature of the landscape and size of lots, Barrington Hills properties are more individual in type.
We are always happy to let you know how much a home sold for, but only after it has closed. We do not have access to the likely sale amount anymore than you do. That information is always only know by the parties to the transaction and their representatives.
Barrington Hills Home Sales October 1st Thru 31st.
- There were 10 homes sold during the month.
- That makes a total of 62 for this year from January 1st to October 31st
- The same time in 2011 yielded 36 sales. A 72% increase on sales in one year is impressive for any small community, which most of the outer Barrington villages are.
- The average sales price during October was $492,000 which represented 93% of the asking price and the average marketing time for those sales was 202 days.
- The average home sold was a 4bedroom home.
Barrington Hills Homes Available
There are 6 homes currently under contract, 4 od them are short sales. For new buyers, Barrington Hills offers 83 homes to choose from. Starting at $329,900 Barrington HIlls also offers the highest priced home in the Barrington area at $14,900,000. Located on 14 acres of land this property has 22,000 square feet and a fabulous location with Goose Lake as your year round waterfront view.