Barrington homes with swimming pools are somewhat of a love hate scenario.
The climate here in Barrington IL has 4 very defined seasons. Winter can be long – as can summer. We swing from sub freezing temps in winter to 90’s in summer. Spring and Autumn are much shorter. Summer can seem long with temperatures in the high 80’s and low 90’s for a good 3 months. Autumn arrives and September gives a pleasant break from the heat but as early as late October snowflakes suddenly pop into the skies. The reality is that swimming pools will only be used during June, July, August and possible late May and early September. So at best Barrington homes with swimming pools are used for 4 months.
Of course this does not apply if the pool is indoors but most are outdoors.
If you are buying a home and want a swimming pool:
- Be aware you may only be able to use it for 3 to 4 months.
- Do you want a pool with a heating system.
- Are you prepared for pool maintenance? Start up, close down?
- For the remaining 8 to 9 months while the pool is covered is that what you want to look at from your home, does it spoil your view.
- Will the presence of a pool help or hinder a future sale?
- Are you willing to pay more for a home in Barrington that has a swimming pool.
- How much monetary value does it have for you?
If you are selling a home in Barrington that has a swimming pool.
- Is it best to sell in a season where you can showcase the pool?
- Can you be realistic that there are buyers who may love the home but just do not want the swimming pool.
- If you have recently installed the pool are you going to try to re-coup your entire investment or are you more realistic knowing this is unlikely to be achieved.
- Are there buyers that want Barrington homes with swimming pools? Yes of course there are and it may be high on their wish list.
Gallery of Barrington Homes With Swimming Pools For Sale
We’ve made it super simple to find them. Just review all the listings below, they are all homes in the Barrington area that have swimming pools.
Looking for something a little less expensive? Try searching for homes in your price range and select pool from the choices on the right of the form.