Time for me to get a move on with the rest of my monthly market reports and this is the turn of Barrington real estate. Any home whether attached or detached that does not fall under another village name will be included here. Whether it’s a village town home or a single family home sale in unincorporated Barrington, I am grouping them all within this market report.
I must point out that sometimes the correct Barrington area is not reported on a listing and so those are also included in my data and also in the listings that follow at the end of the post. I doubt it would make much difference to the data other than numbers sold.
Barrington Real Estate Sales October 1st Thru 31st.
- There were 26 single family homes sold during the month.
- That makes a total of 194 for this year from January 1st to October 31st.
- There were 5 attached homes sold during the month.
- That makes a total of 28 for this year from January 1st to October 31st.
Let’s take a look at the total this year compared to 2011 – Year to date.
- Total sold 2012 was 222.
- Total sold 2011 was 158.
- Detached homes – 149 days ( 167 days in 2011 )
- Attached homes – 164 days ( 187 days in 2011 )
Barrington IL Homes Available
There are 37 homes under contract or pending, 9 of those appear to be waiting for short sale approvals. All available homes can be seen at the end of this post.
As the end of the year draws to a close I don’t expect to see many new listings enter the market but there will be some. Look for increased activity in January as the Holidays will be over and new sellers will list as early as January 2nd.