More and more these days, non assisted corporate relocation to Illinois, accounts for alot of job related moves. Many companies have cut out their in house relocation assistance, no longer outsource it to a relo company, and may provide financial assistance for some but not for all. Employees moving for a promotion or new job are on their own. So where do they turn to and how can they get help?
Your Corporate Relocation – The Move to Northern Illinois
You’ve got 3 choices.
- Go it alone and do the entire thing by yourself.
- Hire yourself a relocation assistant, kind of like a guidance counselor.
- Find a local Realtor with well rounded experience of the entire process, not just the real estate aspect. (Hard to achieve).
Your move to Northern Illinois includes some aspect of real estate and we’ll get to that part in a while. For now let’s look at all the other things that will be on your seemingly never ending to do list. Here are some things you’ll need to do depending on your family.
- Kids will need to transfer schools.
- The family will need to find new Doctors and Dentists.
- You’ll need to learn the geography of your area in time but short term, where are the grocery stores, post office, gas stations etc.
- Pets will need a new veterinarian.
- Outdoor pets will need to learn their new territory and fencing may be an issue. i.e. going from physical fence to electronic.
- The physical move needs planning, kids pets belongings – all of it.
- Traveling across country or internationally, each have different aspects.
There’s no doubt you’ll have a long list and you’ll likely forget some things and not even consider others.
We are here to help. You see our experience is personal. From childhood through married life, Corinne has moved both nationally and internationally. As a married Mom each move has included young children and pets, so her expertise is from real life experience, not just a book. It’s like everything, the more you do something the easier it becomes, so lean on us. We’ll assume if you are here you’re going to need some accommodation too.
Corporate Relocation To Illinois – Real Estate
Why are we focusing on corporate relocation to Illinois? Simply because we know there are so many of you that get no help from the corporate world now. We too have relocated with a corporation, 3 times. The same corporation gave us both help and financial assistance for the first time, After that, nothing, we did it all ourselves. There may be some of you that do not need much help, maybe you’ve done it often enough to take it in your stride. Most are welcome for some assistance.
Corporate families usually know approximately where they are going, either geographically, maybe a big city like Chicago, or suburb where the new job is. If you’ve never been to Northern Illinois before you may have very little idea about the communities.
The first thing you must do is choose a few communities to focus your search on. This usually starts with online research but most of what you’ll find is information on homes. Well presented real estate websites provided by Realtors rather than companies, will offer community information for the areas they serve. Our community information is always a work in progress but will be limited to the areas of Northern Illinois that we serve, because we know them best.
Real estate is a big subject and we hope this website can answer a lot of your questions, especially for an Illinois home purchase but more specifically if you are looking to move to the areas we service and know best. Of course you can always ask us a question about your corporate relocation to Illinois, we are here to help.
You can also start a home search here. I recommend you start by adding a city or zip code and you can refine on the following pages.