South Barrington is located in Cook County Illinois and is home to some of the most expensive homes in the Barrington area. Alongside Barrington Hills, South Barrington’s real estate choices can exceed $5 million in price.
Gallery of Luxury Homes For Sale in South Barrington
Why is South Barrington a Popular Choice for Luxury Home Buyers?
- Great School District
- Close to Interstate
- 40 minutes to Chicago O’Hare
- 1 Hour to downtown Chicago by road or rail
- Estate sized single family homes and mansions
- Gated Communities
- Waterfront Homes
- Luxury Active Adult Community
- 1 to 2 acre lot sizes
- Country Suburban atmosphere
- Boutique shopping alongside major big box stores.
Buyers can find homes in South Barrington starting at around a half million dollars. The median price is close to $1 Million. Luxury homes are considered those that have features and amenities that are less common in other homes. For example, wine cellars, swimming pools, theaters, in law suites. These features are often found in many of the homes in South Barrington, the most expensive area in Barrington. The cost per square footage of homes built in South Barrington always exceeded nearby Inverness and Barrington Hills, although in recent years Barrington Hills built very large mini mansions and often had similar prices if not higher.
Luxury Home Options and Expectations
- 4 to 7 bedrooms
- 3 to 8 full bathrooms
- 1 to 4 partial bathrooms
- Primarily two story homes
- Brick, stone, cedar, stucco exteriors.
- 3 to 9 car garages
- 1 to 2 acre lots on average
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools
- Saunas and Solariums
- Outdoor Grills and Fireplaces
- Copper Sinks inside and Copper Gutters outside
- Bluestone Terraces
- Handscraped Hardwood Floors
- Limestone Floors
- Bars, Wine Cellars, Theaters
- Billiard Rooms
- Square Footage up to 21,000
- Traditional, Contemporary, French Provincial Styles
- Waterfront Locations
- New Construction
- Precision Millwork
- Well respected local builders
- 2nd and 3rd kitchens, multiple laundry rooms
Waterfront Luxury Homes in South Barrington
Although only 3.67% of South Barrington is water there are plenty of lakes. The Coves is the largest with 85 acres of water and there are plenty of other smaller lakes. Eastings Mere for example has homes in a horseshoe shape with many offering views of the small central lake. The subdivision forbids any outdoor swimming pools to maintain the beauty of the view.
If you are in the market to buy a luxury home and think South Barrington is the location you would like to live, give Corinne Guest a call at 847-363-3686, she specializes in luxury home buyers. Or send us your details below and we’ll be in touch.