The Lake Barrington real estate market is comprised of single family homes and also Lake Barrington Shores, our gated community of town-homes and condos. There is always some confusion about Lake Barrington Shores thinking it is a separate village, but this is not so, it falls under the community of Lake Barrington Village. However because we are talking different homes and different prices, I will report each separately.
If you would like to know about home sales in your Lake Barrington neighborhood, feel free to send me an email. It’s likely there are only ever a few, sometimes none in a year, but we understand everyone wants to know what their neighbors home sold for. If one sold we can look it up in a jiffy. If you would like a home valuation for your home, fill in the form.
Lake Barrington Home Sales October 1st Thru 31st.
- There were 7 homes sold during the month.
- That makes a total of 75 for this year from January 1st to October 31st
- The same time in 2011 yielded 45 sales. A 67% increase on sales in one year is huge. So huge I had to go back and check my data!
- The average sales price during October was $462,500 for single family homes, which represented 93% of the asking price and the average marketing time for those sales was 230 days.
- The average sales price for attached homes was $153,100, representing 96% of the asking price and selling in an average of 130 days.
Lake Barrington Homes Available
There are 14 homes currently under contract, most are likely to close this year, although a few are short sales and those might drag into 2013. For new buyers, Lake Barrington offers 62 homes to choose from. 22 are single family homes, 40 are condos or town homes. 39 of the condos and town homes are Lake Barrington Shores, with one on Kazimour which is a Fox River front community at Port Barrington Shores.
Lake Barrington homes for sale.