If you are in the market to list your Barrington home you can call a REALTOR®, fill out the paperwork, have some photos snapped, offer up some basic information, get the rooms measured and voila your home is listed on the MLS within a few hours or the next day. Is that the way you wish to treat the largest investment you currently own? Is that the way to present a home for maximum value? Who’s in a rush, you or your REALTOR®?
Listing Your Barrington Home Needs Time For Preparation
Jump Forward To:
Whether you choose to do this yourself or have a REALTOR® walk your property with you, there may only be a little that needs doing but there maybe a lot. Here are some basics:
- Tidy the outside.
- Create a welcoming entrance way.
- De-clutter your home.
- Take a critical look and make a list of the must do items.
- Check your home is functioning properly, repair as needed.
- Remove wallpaper, paint.
If any of these items are overlooked it will affect your bottom dollar line.
Listing Your Barrington Home Needs Presentation
Now you are neat and tidy and glaring issues resolved, you are dressed for the Prom. 25 photos are allowed on the MLS. Make sure you get 25 photos. A virtual tour is not an option, it’s mandatory in my opinion. So most homes should have 75 to 100 hundred photos taken and not with a digital phone. But presentation goes much farther than photos. It’s where they get published that elevates your home above every other property. Consider:
- Let’s start with the minimum photos and virtual tour because they’ll be shared with other brokers.
- Your REALTOR® should present your home on their website as a featured property.
- What about an article telling the story of your home on their blog/s.
- An individual property website is a must. www.yourhome.com
- YouTube is another place to present your home.
- A REALTOR® that is active in social media, not one that simply set up a profile.
You get the idea here that the MLS is just the start. Yes we want all the other REALTORS® to be aware of your home but it’s the buyers online that we want to find it. Buyer choose the search method of their choice. We need your home to be in their results and the more exposure the better.
Listing Your Barrington Home Requires Patience
- Even after all that if a photo is not showing well we come back for a do over.
- We spend as much time as we can getting all the information about your home, we may have a lot of questions for you. This will take time.
- All our internet advertising takes us a couple of weeks to get done. No rushing here. If the story doesn’t flow today we’ll leave it for a day and come back, we can have wordless Wednesdays like the best writers do.
- Researching for new marketing areas is what we do best, we don’t finish and dust off our hands and file you until an offer comes in.
- We do add older traditional marketing methods too, for example Just Listed postcards will be designed and sent.
I hope you can see from this that any Barrington home being listed for sale needs effort and it’s what we do. Take this photo below as an example. According to the Photography rule of thirds we have the main focal point of this photo to the right third of the frame and the bottom third of the frame. If everything here was in the middle it would not be as interesting.
Barrington Realty Company and Corinne Guest Have The Patience To Do It Right
We have the patience to collect the data, correct the data and then spend time presenting your home. We hope you’ll have the patience to let us spend that time.
Call us at 847-363-3686 ortoday.