Are there any luxury homes in Wauconda? A neighboring town to Lake Barrington, North Barrington, Tower Lakes and Hawthorn Woods, this medium sized suburb has luxury homes in a few select neighborhoods. What is a luxury home in Wauconda? What can you expect to find and how much will these homes cost? Why would you buy a luxury home in Wauconda? Where will you look for them?
Jump Forward To:
The Top Tier in Prices
Usually it’s fair to say that the top 25% of homes in any market are likely to be more luxurious than the other 75%. If I look at the current, the top 25% has prices starting at $345,000 but I doubt I could class these as luxury. is the newest and largest development in Wauconda and there are homes for sale there as high as $400,000. They are not really true luxury homes, although there are models with some size-able square footage.
A better way to identify luxury homes in any market is to look at what a property offers and decide if it’s a feature not found in the other homes. Many homes have nice kitchens but the one that has granite counter-tops may be considered a luxury feature. However these luxury features are found in many homes these days, no matter the price and buyers expect them too. Back to Wauconda. I think it’s a fair statement that any home priced above $500,000 can be considered a luxury home. It’s likely the property will have extra features not found in the rest of the available homes. Whether it’s acreage, a private gated lot, a waterfront location on Bangs Lake, substantially more square footage, or luxury finishes throughout the home, prices in Wauconda do go as high as $1,300,000 and there are a few properties with an even higher value.
Luxury Home Neighborhoods
There are a few neighborhoods in Wauconda that typically offer luxury homes, they generally are much larger in size than the average Wauconda house. Deerwood subdivision is found to the East of the village, on Fairfield Road just north of Hawthorn Woods. It’s a small neighborhood. Then there’s Barnswallow Estates about a mile farther north, again a small neighborhood. Other luxury homes are likely to be scattered in the general Wauconda area and may well have been a custom built home either on a large lot or close to Bangs Lake. These homes are usually built for the lifestyle living. Owners may want acreage to use as horse property or the lake for summer water sports.
Selling Luxury Homes in Wauconda
As in any market selling a luxury home, one at the top end of the pricing for the area, may take longer than the majority of homes. It’s simply the law of supply and demand. Preparing your home ready for sale should not be taken lightly when you are competing with homes in nearby towns like Barrington and Hawthorn Woods.
It’s also important to use a Realtor that understands how to market luxury homes. Sellers must be made aware of the likely market time and should also be careful not to over-price a home. It might be difficult to find comparable sales to price a home but as an experienced luxury Realtor we won’t have a problem in crunching the numbers for you.
General Wauconda Real Estate Data
In 2013 the median home sale price in Wauconda was $156,000. The average marketing time was 142 days. Because there are town houses it’s fair to let you know the median single family home price was a little higher at $180,000. The highest prices sale in 2013 was $480,000 whereas as of June 2014 the highest sale to date was $870,000. The median home sale has increased in 2014 to $183,000 for a single family home which as of the time of writing is an increase of 1.01%.
Location of Wauconda Illinois