If you are buying a home in Barrington IL as part of your relocation, things might be a little different than where you are coming from and what you may be used to. Buying homes in different states often has some differences but closing is the most important to you, the buyer. Here in Northern Illinois our closings are typically at a title company office or at the seller’s attorney office with the title company closer in attendance.
Home Closings in Barrington Are At A Title Company Table
- A closing at a table means ownership of the property passes at the table, there is no escrow wait period.
- If all the documents are signed and accepted and funds passed from one side to the other.
- You should be present. It is common for sellers to pre-sign and not attend but buyers generally do. A Power of Attorney can sign for you if necessary.
- You’ll sign all mortgage and purchase paperwork at the table with your attorney by your side explaining it all.
- Your funds should be wired a day before to make sure it arrives so you can get your keys. (Mortgage companies do the same).
- Closing should never start after 3pm or there won’t be time to close the sale, especially for mortgage funded purchases.
- You’ll get your keys at the table.
As soon as closing takes place, you have your keys and can go to the house, it’s yours! You can fill the fridge, have your furniture delivered, change the locks, start your utilities in your name, set up cable and TV. Just about anything!