Lake Barrington Shores is our unique lifestyle community of townhomes, condos, coach homes and ranch townhomes. It is popular, buyers consider it from all over the country, they visit this web site to view what’s for sale. Since 2013 when we started our gallery page over 33,000 people have viewed our Lake Barrington Shores page. We’ve been matching buyers and sellers in Lake Barrington Shores every year since 2008. How do we do this? Try it yourself. Just search on Google for Lake Barrington Shores and we are usually right up there at the top of page one with LBS HOA. What we do is promote the lifestyle, show the homes and attract people who already know they want to live in the community, or are considering it and need more detailed information.
Top Articles to Help You Sell a Condo or Townhome in Lake Barrington Shores
Jump Forward To:
- Top Articles to Help You Sell a Condo or Townhome in Lake Barrington Shores
- Marketing & Selling Your LBS Home
- Agreement to be your REALTOR®
- Marketing Commences
- Paper and Tours
- Maintaining an Impetus
- Selling Lake Barrington Shores Lifestyle
|How Much Will It Cost To Sell?||How to Sell Your House Fast.||Selling Your Home When You Have Tenants.|
Fill in our form below or call/text 847-363-3686 to schedule an appointment about selling your house.
Marketing & Selling Your LBS Home
Now it’s time to let you know how we market your Lake Barrington Shores condo or townhome and why we are better than the rest. Marketing. That’s more than adding a home to the MLs, sitting back and waiting for folks to wonder through and hopefully make an offer or two. Pro-action is needed. Here’s what we do for you!
- First visit with you to tour your home and discuss your expectations and goals.
- Discuss a plan of action to present your home in it’s best possible light. That does not mean a complete renovation! Minor repairs, painting, quick fixes can make a huge difference as can furniture placement.
- Let’s work with what you have and what you don’t, within your budget and timeframe.
- We’ll compare comparable listings and establish a market value range.
- We’ll look at your competition and make sure any price you pick gets you in the right spot for a sale.
- We agree on a marketing price or we don’t. Many REALTORS® will price at any number you want.
- We won’t market at a price unless we know we can get your home sold! No agreed price means we walk away and go and help sell for someone else.
Agreement to be your REALTOR®
To become the REALTOR® that represents you we both need to sign a listing agreement. This is what enables us to start marketing your home. Here’s a list of all how that gets the marketing ball rolling.
- When you sign a listing agreement with us, Corinne Guest is your designated broker.
- You’re now working with not only a REALTOR® but also the Owner and Managing Broker of Barrington Realty Company.
- Corinne’s experience in LBS is extensive. Never a year goes by without some sales!
- Corinne will measure your home and take photos of every room, exterior photos of your home and community ready for all the marketing materials.
- Details of your home are taken, things being included or excluded, age of mechanicals and any personal property being left.
- We add a digital lockbox for REALTORS® to be able to show your property. Appointments are required.
- Signs are not permitted.
Once a property is ready to be marketed, we start with the MLS, but have more marketing to do.
- We prepare all our marketing materials, choose the right photos to use on each platform and prepare our description of your property. The goal is to appeal to the right buyer, one that is going to be drawn to your property because it has………that they are looking for.
- Our agreement with you allows addition to the MLS so that other agents can bring their buyers. Never underestimate the power of the MLS, not from the buyers perspective but the agents who have those buyers. It’s why we agree to compensate them!
- Your home will also now show on our Lake Barrington Shores gallery page.
- We’ll create a single page just for your property and link it into the gallery page. This page has all those wonderful photos, a map, the schools, virtual tour, full description, more like a story as to why a buyer would choose your home, and information about the clubhouse etc.
- Your home will get a full featured listing on Realbird, the number one location for individual property marketing.
- Social media is where we’ll advertise your single property listing pages. That includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Findit and Active Rain, all get a lot of traffic and allows your property to get better national coverage.
Paper and Tours
It’s important we tell you what we will not do for you and why.
- Broker tours, open houses – We do not offer these, period. Why? Because they will not ever sell your house. Your property will be sold because a buyer connects with a REALTOR®, looks at Lake Barrington Shores homes and buys one. I am not going to waste your Sunday or any other day for that matter pretending a sale will happen. At the best you’ll get looky loos wasting everyone’s time.
- Print flyers/brochures. I am all about the internet and minimal wasting of paper. I carefully select what print methods I use and typically they are the ones that work. By the time a buyer comes to your property you are already on a list created by the buyer having looked at photos. They can refer back to that data at anytime of night and day online. A flyer will only end up at the bottom of their car and then the trash. I’ll save the trees where I can!
Maintaining an Impetus
Once all the players in our marketing plan are complete, we need to regularly assess the action. Internet marketing is a great thing. Changes are easy and instant unlike print advertising. We can change descriptions, add to your description, change photos, add more photos, add more data instantly. Marketing therefore is all at the front and then maintained throughout.
Are you getting showings, are you getting offers?
That’s all that matters. After a month we’ll decide if we need to address anything else in your property to increase your odds. That may be price, it may be some painting, whatever it is we’ll take a look. Once a buyer is found we stay by your side from start to finish attending your closing even if you don’t. (Most sellers don’t).
“Have recently sold condo/townhomes changed the value of yours?” …….free home evaluation.
Or let us know when you are ready to sell, we’ll contact you for a visit.
Selling Lake Barrington Shores Lifestyle
More about the community and why people want to choose it for their next home.
School District 220
The location of Lake Barrington Shores, in Lake Barrington and Lake County, places it right inside Barrington School District 220. The North Barrington elementary school, is right across the street where the main gate is on route 59. Because route 59 is a busy road and because the community is over 500 acres in size, the school buses do come in to collect the children. It would be too dangerous for kids to walk. The middle school and high school are in Barrington Village so kids catch the buses for those as well.
Things to Do in LBS
Lake Barrington shores has an 18 hole golf course managed by an independent owner. While inside the community, membership is open to owners and outsiders. It is a well managed and kept course and many owners get expansive views across the course from their homes. Residents are all able to use the restaurant at the gold club, membership is not needed.
There is a walking path around the main lake. For dog owners and non owners alike it’s a great place to walk and take in the forestry and lake views. You can run LBS too in that event every year.
The main lake has a pontoon that offers tours around the lake, can be hired with the operators doing the driving while you do your partying. You can hire canoes, paddle boats and go fishing too. We have sailing races in the summer. The lake is well stocked. There’s a kids fishing club too. There’s a small beach by the boathouse as well with a swimming area. Owners can find several beach areas to have outdoor barbeques.
Lake Barrington Shores has a clubhouse that was renovated in 2016. There are several rooms for use, coffee areas, you can even have a wedding there. Use the indoor pool in winter, the outdoor pool and kiddie pool in summer. There’s a gym and you’ll find different groups and opportunities year round. Residents can try their hand at tennis, pickle ball, platform tennis, bocce, basketball, and a playground.
Or just sit on your deck or patio and watch the world go by. You are likely to see many birds and even deer. All without leaving the subdivision.
Nearby Things to Do
The Barrington area has a lot of things for all ages to enjoy.
- Barrington has a big park district.
- We’ve got an Aquatic center.
- Walking the trails in Lake Barrington is a great way to get the whole family outdoors into the fresh air.
- There’s a Canlan Sports Complex in Lake Barrington.
- You can enjoy the Catlow Theater single screen.
- Our newly restored White House is offering a variety of events including music and cultural events.
- We have all sorts of restaurants from fast food, casual dining and formal dining. Plenty of coffee shops as well.
- Shopping, if it’s your pastime! Yes walk the streets of barrington for boutique stores or eventure to larger nearby cities for big box brand names.
Barrington is located in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago so you don’t have to go too far to find ball games, ice hockey, museums and Chicago city has opera, music, and so much more. Stay local or venture out.
Are You An Active Adult?
While it’s important to know that Lake Barrington Shores is not an active adult community, it’s certainly appealing to downsizing families who don’t need the big house on acreage anymore. Why move out of town when everything you can get elsewhere is right here in the neighborhood? We have a lot of locals move from big houses to Lake Barrington Shores. Snowbirds consider and move here too. The gated community with security provides a comfort level while owners head south in winter.