South Barrington is the place to buy to single family homes and luxury homes. The grass is green, shrubs are growing and there are some gorgeous flowers making it one of the best times to create beautiful curb appeal. Closings in April were only 4 so we are still waiting for the busy closings season to get going. There are now 19 homes under contract in South Barrington which heralds quite a few closings in the next 30 days. In general there are no lack of buyers in the luxury homes market now that economic confidence is restored.
Let’s take a look at the numbers.
South Barrington Sales Information – April 2015
- Homes Sold – 4
- Price Range $468,500 to $950,000
- Average Market Time – 208 Days
- Average Sales Price as a Ratio of List Price – 95%
South Barrington Active Market – April 2015
- Homes Under Contract (With outstanding contingencies) – 13
- Homes Pending (Waiting For Closing) – 6
- Available homes for sale – 73
- Price range $470,000 to $5,299,000
South Barrington Real Estate Market Summary
- The South Barrington real estate market extends to about 60 homes sold each year. 2014 was a little down compared to 2013.
- South Barrington has some of the the highest priced property in the Barrington IL 60010 zip code area.
- South Barrington is home to gated communities, waterfront homes but no golf course homes.
- South Barrington has new construction in limited locations, Toll Brothers are on their final phase
- The Enclave is set to start if $2 million is your budget, maybe worth a look as very close to I-90 for commuting.
- Sales are set to climb over the spring and summer months.
Popular Neighborhoods in South Barrington:
- Hidden Lakes
- Magnolia Pointe
- Nathans Glen
- The Coves
- The Glen
- The Woods South Barrington
- The Woods – Active Adult Homes
- Village Enclave
Sales data extracted from the MLS and assumes all sales are reported accurately and on time.