The South Barrington real estate market is comprised of single family homes and luxury properties in small planned unit developments with plenty of small lakes providing waterfront choices. South Barrington also has gated communities the largest being The Glen, the most expensive being Hidden Lakes.
If you would like to know about home sales in your South Barrington neighborhood, feel free to send me an email. It’s likely there are only ever a few, sometimes none in a year, but we understand everyone wants to know what their neighbors home sold for. If one sold we can look it up in a jiffy. If you would like a home valuation for your home, fill in the form at our neighborhood sold request page.
South Barrington Home Sales October 1st Thru 31st.
- There were 5 homes sold during the month.
- That makes a total of 48 for this year from January 1st to October 31st
- The same time in 2011 yielded 32 sales. A 50% increase on sales in one year is impressive for a community where many homes are priced about the million dollar mark.
- The average sales price during October was $1,213,000 which represented 87% of the asking price and the average marketing time for those sales was 284 days.
- 4 of the sales were 5 bedroom homes
South Barrington Homes Available
There are 8 homes currently under contract, some of those will close this year, a few are short sales and one is a home to be built. For new buyers, South Barrington offers 49 homes to choose from and if you want the largest masterpiece in Hidden Lakes with 25,000 square feet of living space, 7 bedrooms and 40 rooms total, oh and you have $17 million, let me know. I have yet to go inside this home but by all accounts it’s drop dead gorgeous. A slightly smaller budget will find 5,6 and 7 bedroom homes to choose from, many with luxury features like cellars, games rooms or sport courts, swimming pools, theaters, and expansive floor-plans and kitchens for entertaining. Start at $1.5 million for a size-able home.