South Barrington is the place to buy to single family homes, many classified as luxury homes. As we finally see some green in the lawns and shrubs and trees are beginning to bloom and bear leaves, we are waiting for the spring market sales to start. Although closings in March were down compared to January and February, there are now 15 homes under contract in South Barrington which signals that the spring market has started. In general there are no lack of buyers in the luxury homes market now that economic confidence is restored.
Let’s take a look at the numbers.
South Barrington Sales Information – March 2015
Jump Forward To:
- Homes Sold – 3
- Price Range $537,000 to $1,240,000
- Average Market Time – 260 Days
- Average Sales Price as a Ratio of List Price – 95%
South Barrington Active Market – March 2015
- Homes Under Contract (With outstanding contingencies) – 11
- Homes Pending (Waiting For Closing) – 4
- Available homes for sale – 72
- Price range $470,000 to $5,299,000
January and February 2015
Because we did not report for these months as we used to report quarterly, the sales for these months were:
- January 2015 – 4
- February 2015 – 5
- Price range $450,000 to $1,350,000
- Average Market Time – 188 days
- Average Sales Prices as a Ratio of List Price – 96%
South Barrington Real Estate Market Summary
- The South Barrington real estate market extends to about 60 homes sold each year. 2014 was a little down compared to 2013.
- South Barrington has some of the the highest priced property in the Barrington IL 60010 zip code area.
- South Barrington is home to gated communities, waterfront homes but no golf course homes.
- South Barrington has new construction in limited locations, Toll Brothers are on their final phase, The Enclave is set to start if $2 million is your budget, maybe worth a look as very close to I-90 for commuting.
- Sales are set to climb over the spring and summer months.
Is South Barrington Illinois the right location for your new home?
- Do you like a country suburban setting?
- Do you want 1 to 2 acres?
- Are you looking for luxury, waterfront, tranquility?
- Do you want to be close to I-90?
If so South Barrington is likely a good fit for your new Barrington area home.Start Your South Barrington Home Search Here
Sales data extracted from the MLS and assumes all sales are reported accurately and on time.