The Woods of South Barrington is a Toll Brothers Community and is now in it’s last phase of construction. Although classed as a luxury homes community I would say they are a little different to the majority of luxury homes in South Barrington. Perhaps it would be better explained by the fact that they are priced around the median home price in this village while the true luxury homes are priced above. What can buyers find at The Woods of South Barrington? What type of homes can you buy?
Jump Forward To:
- Regency at The Woods of South Barrington
- Signature Collection and Estates Collection Homes At The Woods of South Barrington
- Executive Collection and Custom Homes in The Woods of South Barrington
- Re-Sale Homes
- What Will Your Money Buy at The Woods of South Barrington
- The Woods of South Barrington Homes For Sale
- Ready To Buy in The Woods of South Barrington?
- Call Today! 847-363-3686!
- Want to Sell Your Home in The Woods of South Barrington
- Sell Your Home In The Woods of South Barrington Call Today! 847-363-3686!
Regency at The Woods of South Barrington
This is the active adult area of The Woods of South Barrington, open to 55+ year old buyers only. There are six home designs of ranch homes; The Ivanhoe, Hinsdale, Bartlett, Waveland, Winthrop and Somerton. All ranches have 2 car garages and basements. Square footage ranges from 2,000 to 2,500 above grade and large basements some of which are walk out or English style.
Each home style comes in different elevations and you can make changes to the layout too, Toll Brothers allow you some custom designing as well as choosing your interiors. It’s the perfect way to stay in Barrington, downsize your home and get new construction all in one. Prices start at $550,000 with additional costs depending on how you want to finish your home. Top prices are now reaching $700,000 so these homes are not for the faint of heart!
At the time of writing there are a few homes available as new construction here in Regency and with homes built from 2006 onwards we are seeing re-sales come to the market now.
The active adult area in The Woods of South Barrington is gated. It also has a clubhouse as seen above. Amenities include: Clubhouse, Outdoor Heated Pool, Tennis Courts, Putting Green, Bocce Courts, Shuffle Board, Fitness Center. Regency at The Woods is also located right next to The Arboretum of South Barrington. You can shop in the boutique stores, pop out for coffee, wine and dine in the evening, or go to the theater.
The neighborhood has walking trails from the neighborhood through South Barrington Conservancy.
Signature Collection and Estates Collection Homes At The Woods of South Barrington
The Signature Collection by Toll Brothers in this community offer the largest homes and the biggest lot sizes. Most lots are 3/4 to 1 acre in size. The Estate Collection offer homes on 1/2 to 3/4 acre lot sizes. Both offer large single family homes in traditional styles, some with look out or walk out basements. 3 car garages are common. Entry point pricing is now around $800,000.
Buyers can choose from the offered floorplans or design the home of their dreams with the hundreds of customization options. With prices up to $1 million and extra cost for options, buyers might find the perfect mix of new construction, neighborhood style luxury homes and large square footage for growing families.
With the final phase of this development under way, buyers can buy a new Signature Collection home or Estate Collection home but there are not many lots let. Act soon before they are all spoken for! Location of the final phase of The Woods of South Barrington, where buyers can buy new construction homes, is north of Penny Road on the West side of Bartlett Road.
Executive Collection and Custom Homes in The Woods of South Barrington
With Toll Brother starting this neighborhood back in the mid 2,000’s each area of the neighborhood has a different collection of homes. In phase one homes were from the Estate Collection and also theExecutive Collection. Alongside Bartlett Road there was also space for custom homes. These homes are on the largest lots. Toll Brothers sold a few lots and those may come up for re-sale should you wish to build your custom dream home. The lot sizes reach as high as 1.8 acres but with no well and septic system needed, you can save considerable dollars!
Resale homes are available for sale in The Woods of South Barrington. With homes now 10 years old we’ve had several re-sales in the last few years. The advantages to buying a re-sale home in the community are more established landscaping or exterior patios and stonework, drapery and other fixtures are usually left with the house, the homes are available quickly with no waiting for a home to be built.
What Will Your Money Buy at The Woods of South Barrington
Let’s look at an average new home in the neighborhood to give buyers an idea of what their money will buy. Our median South Barrington home lists for $939,000 at time of writing, here’s a homes in the neighborhood priced just below that price point.
- Square footage of 4,100
- 4 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- 3 car garage
- 1/2 acre lot
- Build year 2015, Move in Summer 2016.
- Standard unfinished basement
- Brick front elevation
- Construction options
- Appliance Package/Allowance, Central Air, Exterior Brick/Cedar, Hardwood/Ceramic Floors, Oak Trim/Oak Staircase, Vaulted/Cathedral Ceiling
- Rooms and sizes below
|Room Name||Size||Level||Flooring||Window Trmts|
|Living Room||14X13||Main Level||Carpet||None|
|Dining Room||16X14||Main Level||Carpet||None|
|Family Room||21X16||Main Level||Carpet||None|
|Laundry Room||10X8||Main Level||Ceramic Tile||None|
|Breakfast Room||16X13||Main Level||Hardwood||None|
|Play Room||22X15||2nd Level||Carpet||None|
|Master Bedroom||20X14||2nd Level||Carpet||None|
|2nd Bedroom||15X12||2nd Level||Carpet||None|
|3rd Bedroom||16X15||2nd Level||Carpet||None|
|4th Bedroom||14X12||2nd Level||Carpet||None|
|Mud Room||10X6||Main Level||Ceramic Tile||None|
Children living in The Woods of South Barrington attend the revered Barrington 200 school district. Allocated schools are Barbra B Rose Elementary, Barrington Middle School Prairie and Barrington High School.
Unlike the rest of South Barrington, all homes in The Woods are on public sewer systems not septic and a shared well rather than private.
The Woods of South Barrington is located between Route 59 and Bartlett Rd, south of Algonquin Road and the zip code is 60010.
The Woods of South Barrington Homes For Sale
If you are interested in buying a home in The Woods, first choose from either the Active Adult homes, Regency Collection; or the larger single family homes in the Signature, Executive or Estate Collections. Follow our links to view homes in each:
- Regency Collection at The Woods of South Barrington
- Signature, Estates, Executive Collections at The Woods of South Barrington
Ready To Buy in The Woods of South Barrington?
Contact South Barrington buyers agent Corinne Guest to get your home buying plans started.
Want to Sell Your Home in The Woods of South Barrington
Are you in the market to sell your home? How do you start?
- First find out how much your home should sell at by looking for comparable homes sold in the neighborhood within the last 6 months. Do not look at new construction sales, those are not truly comparable.
- Take a hard look at your home’s condition. Are there repairs you have been putting off…and off…and off? Time to take care of them.
- Clutter. Are you over furnished or do you have a lot of stuff in the house, basement, garage. Take the time to thin it out before you go on the market. A full house gives the impression of it being too small.
- Curb appeal. Depending on the time of year, make sure the flower beds have no weeds, shrubs and bushes are trimmed and the same for trees. Clear sticks, leaves regularly.
- Driveway. One of my pet hates. Does it need repairs or new blacktop? Do this before you list. Buyers can be put off right from the get go if your drive screams lack of care. It translates to the rest of your property.
- Kids and pets. School time, work time, leisure time, holidays, vacations. Give a little bit of thought about how you want to deal with showings while life goes on. The goal is never to refuse a showing, they could be your buyer and they might just move on. We understand there are times when it’s just not possible, but aim as high as you can to approve requests.
The Woods of South Barrington Market Report 2014 – 2015
If you are considering selling your home in this neighborhood it’s always good to know what’s going on with sales, asking prices and more data. Here are some basics to help you understand the market last year and this year to date. Let’s see if we can find any trends.
- Homes Sold in 2014 – 11
- Homes Sold in 2015 Jan-Aug – 10
- Homes available as of September 1st 2015 – 20
- Homes under contract – 7
With 7 homes under contract, if the 2 existing homes close by years end, each year is about even. The other 5 are new construction and will not close until 2016.
- Marketing time for homes sold in 2014 averaged at 116 days.
- Marketing times for homes sold in 2015 average at 194 days.
It’s likely that was longer due to the new construction sales.
- Finally the sales price averaged at 101% of asking in 2014
- For 2015 the sales price averages at 96% of asking.
The difference here is also likely due to new construction homes closing higher than listed. This would be as a result of extras paid for by the home buyers. The same will be true of those other 5 new homes under contract right now.