How many Wynstone homes sold in 2014 to date and how does that compare to 2013? It does seem the Wynstone is still struggling with sales. As it’s been a while since I last reported on Wynstone sales and as I was asked that question just yesterday, I thought I would answer it here for other sellers and buyers to learn.
The Graphic Says it All! Wynstone Homes Sold 2014 Not Doing Very Well.
- In 2013 there were a total of 26 Wynstone homes sold all of which were single family.
- In 2013 from January 1st to August 13th there were a total of 15 homes sold.
- In 2014 from January 1st to August 13th (today) there have been only 8 sales.
In general this years sales in the Barrington area are a little softer, with about 7% less in homes sold. Wynstone on the other hand is down by 47%.
- There are 3 more Wynstone homes under contract.
- There are 28 available listings which represents about 7% of the built homes in the neighborhood.
Sadly for home sellers this means two things.
- Be prepared for long market times or price aggressively to beat your competition.
- You have no choice! Make your home shiny, sparkling, and up to date to win the competition.
With an estimated 12 to 15 sales this year it comes down to about 1 sale a month. That means there’s 2 years inventory in Wynstone. That is a very tough competition to win. Will Wynstone ever be as popular as it was when it first came to North Barrington? Did our economic mellt down affect the way buyers look at their monthly expenditure? I think the answer to that last question is yes and in my humble opinion buyers have a hard time swallowing the taxes, monthly HOA and yearly Master HOA fees on top of a mortgage for Wynstone homes. That does not mean everyone will reject Wynstone, but I think many will.
Wynstone is 100% a buyers market!