Barrington homes with swimming pools are somewhat of a love hate scenario.
The climate here in Barrington IL has 4 very defined seasons. Winter can be long – as can summer. We swing from sub freezing temps in winter to 90’s in summer. Spring and Autumn are much shorter. Summer can seem long with temperatures in the high 80’s and low 90’s for a good 3 months. Autumn arrives and September gives a pleasant break from the heat but as early as late October snowflakes suddenly pop into the skies. The reality is that Barrington pools will only be used during June, July, August and possible late May and early September. So at best Barrington homes with swimming pools are used for 4 months.
Of course this does not apply if the pool is indoors but most are outdoors. For the most part above ground pools are not permitted. You may also find subdivisions in the 60010 zip that do not allow pools at all. For example of the neighborhood has a large lake, pools may detract from the views. Before buying any home you should review the HOA documents especially if you want to add a pool.
Gallery of Barrington Homes With Swimming Pools For Sale
This includes all the villages of the Barrington IL area and zip code of 60010.
Buying Homes With Swimming Pools
- Be aware you may only be able to use it for 3 to 4 months.
- Do you want a pool with a heating system.
- Are you prepared for pool maintenance? Start up, close down?
- For the remaining 8 to 9 months while the pool is covered is that what you want to look at from your home, does it spoil your view.
- Will the presence of a pool help or hinder a future sale?
- Are you willing to pay more for a home in Barrington that has a swimming pool.
- How much monetary value does it have for you?
Selling Barrington Homes with Swimming Pools
- Is it best to sell in a season where you can showcase the pool?
- Can you be realistic that there are buyers who may love the home but just do not want the swimming pool.
- If you have recently installed the pool are you going to try to re-coup your entire investment or are you more realistic knowing this is unlikely to be achieved.
- Are there buyers that want Barrington homes with swimming pools? Yes of course there are and it may be high on their wish list.
Types of Swimming Pools
Inground pools are the most commonly permitted in our area and yes you will need a permit to have one built. Some say the best inground pools to get have salt water rather than chlorine but I think it’s a matter of preference. The best inground pools will be the one that has the features you want. You might like hardscaping and landscaping or a hot tab addition. Or you might prefer a longer pool for swimming laps.
Cheap swimming pools are usually the above ground pool types and prices are just for the pool. These are not popular here and not allowed in most locations.
If you decide you want to add a pool to your home, get quotes from the local companies and check on your permits before anything else.
Let Me Help You Find a Home with a Pool.
For further assistance or to start your home search, call Corinne Guest, Barrington Realty Company at (847) 363-3686.
Or fill in our easy form below.