- Noun – Ranch – a large farm, especially in the western US and Canada, where cattle or other animals are bred and raised. This would apply to California, Colorado, Utah etc but is not our real estate.
- Noun – Ranch House – a single-story, sometimes split-level, house, typically with a low-pitched roof. This is more applicable to use in the midwest and east of North America.
Barrington Ranch Homes
This are the ranches in Barrington village, not the surrounding villages. We have ranch homes in the center of the village, surrounding neighborhoods and unincorporated Barrington.
Lot sizes are standard size also known as builder size, up to 5 acres in unincorporated. These are also zoned for horses.
Gallery Ranch Homes in Barrington Village, Unincorporated Barrington.
Why Should You Buy a Ranch Home in Barrington Illinois?
- Character properties as old at the 1950’s.
- Prices as low as $300,000.
- Ist time buyer ranch homes.
- Alternative Retirement Option.
- Smaller ranch homes are perfect for first time buyers or a small family.
- Sizes from 1,400 square feet and up.
- Small ranches with full basements increase your living space by almost 100%.
- Ready to go new construction highly unlikely.
- Great alternative to a condo.
- Rental investment.
- Walking Distance to village center.
- 5 minutes to Metra station.
Ranch Homes in Barrington Hills
This country suburban village is mostly 5 acre properties and many single level homes were built as the village grew.
There is a wide choice of property zoned for horses and the village has a reasonable number of single story homes and hillside properties, especially those homes built in the years 1960-1980. It is known as the Equestrian center in the Barrington area.
Homes are on well and septic. Fencing is allowed for horses, paddocks and barns are common in the area.
Gallery Ranch Homes in Barrington Hills
Why Should You Buy a Ranch Home In Barrington Hills?
- Prices start as low as $400,000.
- Need space? This village in the Barrington area offers the largest lots.
- Small to expansive homes. Sprawling single level properties over $1 million.
- 3, 4, 5 bedroom houses.
- Walkout and English Basements. Full or partial.
- Country Suburban living. Peace and quiet.
- Plenty of wildlife.
- Zoned for horses.
- Near riding trails.
- Near Barrington Hills Polo Club and Horse Riding Club.
- Barrington School District (Most).
- Close to Village of Barrington and Metra line for commuters.
Ranch Homes in Lake Barrington
Single family homes and also in Lake Barrington Shores, townhouses. The ranch townhouses are not often available. Lake Barrington does not have many choices for single level living, this is a small village with just around 5,000 residents.
Gallery Ranch Homes in Lake Barrington
Lake Barrington Shores Town House Ranches
No Results Found.
Why Should You Buy a Ranch Home in Lake Barrington?
- Waterfront choices.
- Close to shopping in Fox River Grove.
- Fox River Grove Metra station to commute to Chicago.
Ranch Homes in North Barrington
Wynstone and Biltmore have the most because they are the largest subdivisions. North Barrington is a small village with around 3,000 residents. The ranches here are all single family homes. Lot sizes vary from a quarter acre to 6+ acres, the majority being about 1 acre.
North Barrington has limited horse properties, single story homes zoned for horses will be very hard to find. Barrington Hills would be a better choice.
Homes are well and septic. Wynstone homes are on a community well and overhead sewer system.
Gallery Ranch Homes in North Barrington
Just in Wynstone
Main floor living in this rare ranch-style home on beautifully landscaped grounds in Wynstone's gated resort community. This home offers a flexible open floorplan with a sunny, spacious master suite, 3 additional bedrooms & 2 other full baths on one
Why Should You Buy a Ranch Home in North Barrington?
- Looking for a golf or gated community – Look in Wynstone.
- Luxury choices in Wynstone.
- Larger properties in Wynstone.
- Looking for just golf, Biltmore is that as well.
- Eclectic styles in Biltmore.
- Upgraded exteriors on new homes including brick and stone and some EIFS in Wynstone.
Ranch Homes in Deer Park Illinois
With homes here built from the 1960’s on the majority of homes were built 1970-1980 and this is where you’ll find most of the ranch options. Many are all brick too.
This village shares the zip code of 60010 with Barrington, some properties fall in the Barrington School District, others Lake Zurich. There are no Active Adult homes here but a reasonable selection of single story properties.
Gallery Ranch Homes in Deer Park
Why Should You Buy a Ranch Home in Deer Park?
- Established neighborhoods.
- 1+ acre lots most common.
- Maintain Values.
- Close to Cuba Marsh and Deer Grove Marsh for nature activities.
- Waterfront property available.
- Close to Lake Zurich for shopping.
- Close to I-90 for commuting.
- Barrington School District or Lake Zurich School District.
Ranch Homes in South Barrington
Many will be all brick or have brick and stone front elevations. Some of the properties built in the 1960’s and early 1970’s are much smaller in size to an average home. This village offers everything from small raised ranches with walk out basements to luxury sprawling ranch homes. Homes built later need sloping lots to provide either an English basement or a full walk out basement.
Gallery Ranch Homes in South Barrington
Included are all properties for sale that are either walkout or full walkout. Includes The Woods Regency Active Adult Community.
Why Should You Buy a Ranch Home in South Barrington?
- Looking for luxury.
- South Barrington Active Adult ranch homes community.
- Expansive homes sizes.
- Upgraded exteriors including brick and stone.
- Gated communities.
- Larger lots average 1.5 acres.
- Walkout ranches.
- Waterfront ranches.
- Close to I-90 for Chicago or Rockford commute.
Ranch Homes in Inverness
Choice of homes on an acre or more or choose to live in a gated community with several styles and sizes. There are also maintenance free neighborhoods if luxury property is what you desire in a ranch home.
There are no active adult ranch homes in Inverness but two subdivisions to consider would be Inverness on The Pond, and Sanctuary of Inverness. Both are gated neighborhoods.
Gallery Ranch Homes in Inverness
Ranch Homes in Tower Lakes
This small village does not offer many ranches but there are some nice waterfront properties that come up. Most buyers choose this neighborhood for it’s small size and waterfront activities and views.
Look for hillside ranches here.
Gallery Ranch Homes in Tower Lakes
No Results Found.