Page Content - Quick Links
Buying homes in Barrington without an agent can be a choice you make for a number of reasons.
1. If you find for sale by owner homes in Barrington and decide you want to deal directly with the owner, neither you or the seller have an agent working for you.
2. You find a property you want to buy by viewing each with the listing agents. When you decide you want to buy one, your choices could be to work with the listing agent which is known as dual agency, or you could decide you’ll be fine by yourself.
3.Some listing agents won’t do dual agency or are not authorized by their seller client, so the choice is go it alone or find yourself an agent.
What You’ll Be Missing Out On
As a buyer without representation you’ll be missing out on some things. I am not here to preach and tell you that you have to have an agent. That’s your choice. Here are some points to consider before making your decision:
- Without an agent viewing homes can become quite an arduous task.
- How are you going to know what the value is of the homes you view.
- Without valuation information how are you going to formulate an offer strategy.
- How will you know if the asking price is on target.
- Where are you going to get a contract form from.
- How will you know what to put in the contract.
- Do you understand all that is in a purchase offer agreement.
- How are you going to present your offer.
- Do you understand about disclosures.
- Are you ready to deal with a seller – they could be awkward.
- Do you know what the process is beyond offer acceptance when buying homes in Barrington.
- Do you know what your contingencies are.
- Will you remember to keep an eye on important dates.
- Who are you going to ask when you have a question?
- Who is going to help you with some of what we call grunge work? AKA running around getting things done as needed – you would be surprised what crops up.
- Do you need some support.
- Can you accomplish all of this while at work?
Buying Homes in Barrington With an Agent
If you are not aware how our system works, it’s good to know that having your own agent when buying homes in Barrington will not cost you a penny. You see when a seller lists with an agent, they agree to compensate a buyers agent for bringing the buyer and doing all the work mentioned above. If you want to buy a For Sale By Owner home, as a buyers agent I will ask the seller to compensate me.
The benefits far out weigh the risk of going it alone. Thinking that a home price will be reduced because you are going solo is wrong. A seller will compensate the same amount to a listing agent because they already have a written contract agreeing to it.
As for For Sale By Owner homes in Barrington, we don’t have very many of them and typically, based on experience, they are often priced far too high.
Consider Hiring a Buyers Agent When Buying Homes in Barrington
Now you know a buyers agent is not going to cost you anything, I wonder why you still want to go it alone! As a buyers agent working in the Barrington area you won’t owe me anything. Some buyers often end up never buying, and I have done a lot of work for which I never get paid. It’s just part of the job.
All you need to do is consider if it’s better buying homes in Barrington with or without an agent.
I work with local buyers and relocation buyers. No matter your home price, style or time frame, I would like to work as your buyers agent. I would like us to meet first though, just so we can both be sure we are a good fit. Fill in our form and we can start the process when you are ready. Or give as a call if you would like to meet at: 847-363-3686.