The Glen South Barrington was one of the first gated communities to be built in this village. 20 years on there are a still a few vacant lots yet to be built on. Many of the homes here were built by Harris Builders in the late 1980’s and are similar in styling and size. Residents are allowed to swim in the lake or use non gas powered boats.
One off the larger subdivisions in South Barrington there’s a guard at the gate, so drive-bys are not possible. Homeowners pay an HOA fee.
This subdivision is close to Barrington Rd for easy access to I-90, the commute to Chicago or O’Hare airport is easy. Shopping is available in many nearby locations including The Arboretum.
Homes For Sale in The Glen South Barrington
Single Family Homes in The Glen South Barrington
- 3 to 7 bedrooms
- 2.5 to 6 plus bathrooms
- Primarily two story homes, a few ranches
- Full basements, some walk-out.
- Brick, Stone, Stucco and Siding Exteriors.
- Colonial, Tudor, Traditional, Georgian, Comtemporary house styles
- 3 to 6 car garages
- Lot Sizes 1-2 acres.
- Barbara B Rose Elementary
- Middle School – Prairie Campus
- Barrington High School