Most home sellers have an idea that they will be putting their property up for sale, it’s never critical to get it on the market today, as in one day. If you choose to do that it will be a rush job, the marketing will be non-existent, the photos and description of your house rushed, details missing and ultimately it might mean no sale or less money from your sale.
We always talking about buying a home being the largest investment you’ll ever make so be prepared and get it right. The same is true for selling your largest investment. Find a REALTOR that is willing to work with you and take the time to get it right before going live on the market.
What Follows Your Decision to Sell?
- To solidify your decision you’re likely going to want to run your numbers. Whether your impending sale is a done deal or just a plan, the numbers are important. To establish your bottom line you’ll need to find out how much your home should sell for in today’s market. At this time it’s also good to have your expectations set about how long it might take.
- Who are you going to call? Do you have a real estate agent in mind or do you need to search for one. It’s time to take the time to find the right agent. Contrary to popular belief all agents do not offer the same marketing. From basic photos or professional, floorplans and aerials, printed brochures or online, we all do it differently. Find what’s best for you.
After You’ve Run Numbers and Found the Best REALTOR®
You’ve taken some time to decide when to list and who to use. Do you want your home on the market the next day? Maybe you do but it’s not wise to rush anything at this stage. A rushed job is a poor job and ultimately you’ll pay the price in dollars. Poorly presented properties sell slower and for less money.
- You might be ready to list right away and feel the need to get your home on the market promptly. We understand, time is of the essence. However there may be items you should attend to and prepare your home for success. Ask your REALTOR® to help you and create a list of things you must do before you list and some you can do while on the market.
- Give your agent time to get all the details of your home. We need to visit, measure, ask questions and sometime come back with a few more. While the MLS data has a lot much of it is not mandatory. But that does not mean we should not attempt to get the most information possible.
- Photos. A picture sells, right? So which do you think will show your home in it’s best light? Quick shot photos using a cellphone, professional photos by a photographer, or maybe something in between? We’ve recently hired a new company for our photography and so far we love the results. Our photographers produce fantastic photos because they don’t rush it and we wait 48 hours for them to be edited and sent to us.
- Back to those numbers again. The all important asking price. We are all emotionally attached to maximizing our net number. We want as much as we can so whatever the range that your property falls inside, naturally you want to push for the top. Take some time to really consider what sold, are you better or maybe not so much. And who’s your competition, why are they not sold yet? The better your consideration and choosing of a price, the quicker your sale will happen. Over-priced homes are still common in our market place.
How Quickly Can You Put My House Up For Sale?
The answer is if we can get all our ducks nicely lined up we can do it very well in 72 business hours, 3 days.
- We can complete paperwork and measure your home at the same time.
- Then we need the photographer and if they are not booked we can get them out there the next day.
- Sometimes we can measure while attended the photo shoot.
- We do need time to add your home to the MLS during those 3 days and are ready waiting for the photos to arrive.
- We can get the sign installed in time.
After all that is done we can build your property website. We prefer to get this done before the rest of the world hears about the property. It’s the best way to get traffic to it. After that we start our additional property marketing.
It’s important to note we do not waste money on paper brochures. We prefer to build a property website, then we provide large postcards printed with the homes domain name for visitors to take home and look at the home again online. Give as a week to get this organized, we’ll do it as fast as we can after the MLS and website are done.
We prefer to spend time with you preparing your home for sale, presenting your home in the best possible light and letting buyers see your home and it’s glory. It’s a better job and you will sell faster for more money. And it’s just 3 business days.
Can You Put My House Up For Sale?
Just fill in our form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Our goal is to sell your house for as much money as possible and because of that we are going to give the right amount of time to get the job done right, first time.