Barrington homes with In law arrangements are a popular request in the area. Although referred to as an “in law arrangement” the concept is additional living space for family members. This could be your parents, your in laws or for multi generational living. Children are staying at home longer these days and prefer to have a space away from the main family. It could also be for a live in nanny.
The most common aspect of in law arrangement living spaces is bedrooms with a private bathroom. Family members may prefer to be separated whereas nannies, especially if looking after babies and toddlers are likely going to need to be closer. In addition is there’s a separate kitchen close to the bedroom this makes the in law arrangement more desirable for in laws or older children. The bigger the house the more likely you can find an arrangement that works for you and your family.
Whether you need extra living space for a nanny or for other family members to have an area all their own, the choices are available in homes starting from around $600,000. View our gallery below.
Available Inverness & Barrington Homes with In Law Arrangements
Things to Consider When Choosing Homes
- Amount of separation your need from the person or people occupying the addition living space.
- Privacy concerns for all parties.
- Who pays for the additional space.
- Will your home now have multiple pets? Will they live well together?
- Distance to shopping and facilities for infirm in laws.
- Storage of belongings, is there enough space?
- Do you have enough garage spaces, if not is there room for any extra cars?