Page Content - Quick Links
If you have decided this year is the year tosome preparation now will assist in a quicker sale.
Preparing Your Property
I am assuming that we are talking about a home and land that has paddocks and barns etc. You’ll likely have heard very often that when it comes to selling, your home needs to the best it can possibly be. That doesn’t mean a complete redo and upgrade, it just means the best YOU can do. So if all you want to do is make it tidy and uncluttered than that’s what you should do. The same is true for your equestrian facilities no matter how big or small they are. Consider:
- Make sure all your fencing is solid. Repair as needed so the buyer can see you are maintaining your property well. And don’t forget to trim the grass on the outside of the fences for optimum appearance.
- If the pastures and paddocks are overgrown, at least cut them back to an acceptable level.
- Clean out the stables. Level your floors if they are mud/sand and make sure you have no critter holes. This is especially true when you have not been using the stables or barn for some years.
- Repair your stable doors, exterior and interior. Offering a fully functioning barn and stables will attract the right buyer.
- Throw out any junk, never used items, or other things you may be using the barn to store. That includes cobwebs. We want to show your horse property as a horse property.
- Make sure your electrics and water if supplied are both operating.
- Show off your tack room and hay storage areas as a clean and organized spaces.
We understand all this might take a while, so get started today and do a little at a time. By spring you’ll be looking “groomed”.
Choosing Your Realtor
The “Buck” does not stop at the MLS! The MLS is not designed to give maximum exposure to properties that have equestrian facilities. The only area we can promote your horse facilities is in the zoning and remarks. This is far too limited and makes it hard to expand on more than the house. Barrington Hills horse properties deserve more, more photos, more video, more description, more enthusiasm!
So do your due diligence and look for a Barrington Realtor that sells Horse Properties. In 2012 we sold 22094 Countryside Lane and 112 Old Barrington Rd, both were 5 acres plus barns, paddocks etc.
Marketing Your Real Estate
If you hire us, and frankly we would love to work with you, know that we attract horse property buyers for the Barrington area because we are at the top of Google for several horse property related phrases. Just search Google for “Barrington Horse Properties”. Last time I checked we had the top 5 positions with our various advertising sites. That is where we want to advertise your Barrington Hills horse property!
, we’ll help you get your Barrington Hills horse property ready for sale.
Call Corinne 847-363-3686.
Oh and by the way, don’t worry if your Northern Illinois horse property is not in Barrington. We get enquiries from far and wide, even Indiana, from horse property owners wanting us to market and sell their properties. We do limit ourselves to the west, north and northwest suburbs, Indiana frankly is too far and we are only licensed in Illinois. So St Charles, McHenry, Woodstock for example, give us a call, we can help you too!