Relocation buyers may or may not know the Barrington area. Perhaps they are moving back “home”, or to be close to family, maybe a new job, or like us it’s an international relocation and it’s all completely different to the home country! Whatever the reason, relocation buyers have to find a new home.
Any relocation buyer looking to move to Barrington Illinois is unlikely to have their thumbs on the pulse of real estate here. Market reports can fill the need to learn about the real estate market in Barrington alongside the help of the Realtor that wrote the reports. I believe I am the only Realtor in Barrington that regularly publishes market reports about Barrington’s real estate and certainly the only one that breaks it down village by village.
What Can Relocation Buyers Learn by Reading Market Reports?
No matter where you are moving from, our market will not be the same as where you live right now. Here’s what a buyer can learn:
- Average list price to sale price ratios.
- In general the Barrington area is at about 95%. Meaning a property will sell at 95% of asking. Each village may fluctuate monthly and by price point.
- Average days on market before selling.
- Good to know depending on your purchase situation. Newly listed homes are unlikely to accept low offers whereas homes on market along time may be over-priced and be more willing to negotiate.
- Average price for homes in each village.
- Where do you want to position your purchase. Important for future selling. Relocation buyers tends to move more frequently and you’ll need to ensure you have a marketable home when that time comes.
- Market reports usually contain more general market conditions information and pull out any oddities too.
- A Realtor that published market reports generally has her finger on the pulse and knows what’s going on. A Realtor that does not, may not have a clue!
Hiring the best Realtor in Barrington for relocation home purchases will result in the best outcome. Hiring the wrong Realtor may lead to a poor home purchase decision. Our goal is to ensure you make the right home choice for your family now, but also as an investment decision so when the time comes to sell, you won’t have a lemon.
Contact top relocation real estate agent and broker Corinne Guest if relocation is in your 2017 future. It’s our specialty and we’re ready to show you around Barrington and it’s neighbor communities. Let’s find the right home for you. Call Corinne at 847-363-3686 or send her an email.